Getting to Our Resort
The Soneva experience begins when you arrive at Malé International Airport. You will be greeted by a Soneva Representative holding a sign saying “Soneva” who will assist you with your local transfers.* To reach Soneva Jani from Malé, you can take a 45-minute private seaplane from Malé International Airport direct to the resort. There are currently no domestic flights operating to Soneva Jani but we expect that there will be in the near future.
There are two seaplane choices available: either the Soneva seaplane or the Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA) seaplane. The Soneva seaplane is private and more comfortable, while the TMA seaplane carries slightly more passengers and may stop en-route at other destinations before arriving at Soneva Fushi. The Soneva seaplane is operated by the TMA Authority so we are bound by their timings and regulations.
- Our representative will escort you to the Soneva lounge, just a five minute car ride away.
- Schedules are subject to Trans Maldivian Airlines’ discretion.
- Please ensure your international flight lands in Malé no later than 15:30 for your seaplane connection.
- If your flight arrives later than 15:30 we can assist you in booking an overnight stay in Malé to catch the first seaplane flight at 09:00 or book you on a domestic flight to Soneva Fushi to take a speedboat to Soneva Jani the next day.
Packing and Flight Tips
- The casual dress code around the resort and our "No News No Shoes" philosophy will lighten your suitcase.
- The seaplane flight journey is usually around 45 mins but may take longer at times, depending on the routing. Restroom facilities are unavailable inflight and we advise that you use the restroom before boarding.
- Checked-in luggage on the seaplane is limited to 25 kgs. If you think your luggage may exceed this, please contact Soneva Reservations.*
- We provide a range of complimentary non-motorised water sports equipment at the resort. Should you wish to bring your own equipment (such as surf, body, and wakeboards), please notify Reservations of the type of equipment and their dimensions in advance.
*If you have yet to book your transfers you are required to do so no later than 72 hours prior to arrival. Please contact Reservations at [email protected] or+91 124 4511000.